Acceptance of applications by IVS does not guarantee the issuance of Passports & Passport related services Embassy reserves the right to decline an application in case it deems appropriate to do so without giving any reasoning. The copies of all documents issued by authorities/institutions/organizations of Sri Lanka which needs to be submitted to the Embassy of India, Sri Lanka for availing consular services, should henceforth be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Sri Lanka.
This include, by way of example, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, House Registration Certificate, Death Certificate, Birth Certificate, Certificate of Name Change, etc.
To avoid delays when lodging the application you should include the following:
- Passport Online Application accurately filled and signed by the applicant where needed.
- Affidavit Form to be filled by applicant in case change of name.
- 2 photographs (3.5cmX3.5cm in white background) pasted at the space provided.
- Original passport.
- Personal particulars of the 1st page of the passport (2 sets).
- Personal particulars of the last page of the passport (1 set).
- Current Sri Lanka Visa page (1 set).
- Observation page if any (1 set).
Request letter for change of name.
Original advertisement for change of name, one in Indian newspaper and another in local English newspaper for change of name after one month of publishing the advertisements. (applicable for adults above 15 years only).
Original Work permit / Tangdeo (Alien certificate) / Residence permit with photocopies of personal particulars and renewal page (if applicable).
Authority letter if applicant cannot come personally.
Self-attestation is must for all the photocopied documents.