- A ‘MISSIONARY VISA’ is issued to applicants going to India for Religious purposes.
- Invitation from Indian host – organisation, institution religious bodies.
- Registration Certificated host organisation with central/state government
- Undertaking from Indian host of meeting expenses and cost of journey.
- It is advisable to apply MISSIONARY VISA at least three months before intended date of travel.
- The validity of a Missionary Visa commences from the date of visa issue.
Check list Do and Don’ts for Indian Visa Click here
Documents to be attached :
- Duly completed Visa Application Form.
- Two recent (not more than 3 months old) 2×2 inch colour photograph (without spectacles) depicting full face with both ear visible in white background. Photo on Passport and VAF must match applicant’s present appearance.
- Previous visit details at Serial Number F of sample Visa application Form :
- Applicant to fill the correct visa details of last visit to India.
- Applicant mention the last availed (actual Traveled) visa number starting with alphabet along with date of issue. (eg: VLI123456 dated 25 June 2017).
- In case the last visa was an eTV (electronic Visa / e-visa). The visa number and date (date of first entry on e-visa) as stamped / registered on applicant’s passport by Bureau of Immigration,India at time entry into India.
- The Passport should have a minimum validity of 6 months on the date of application with at least two blank pages. Tampered/ damaged passports are not accepted. All previous passports (If previous is passport is lost please ensure endorsement to that effect in current passport or provide the police compliant report).
- Photocopy of N.I.C/ Driving License/ Birth Certificate
- Address Proof (NIC/Driving License / Bank Statement / government utility bills / G S Certificate)
- Bank statement of three months having healthy average daily balance.
- Relevant letters mentioned above SL No. 1.
- This is not intended to be a complete list of documents that may be needed. High Commission reserves the right to seek additional documents post submission of application.
- Duration of visa will be decided on a case-to-case basis.
- The Passport should have a minimum validity of 6 months on the date of application with at least two blank pages.
- Some individual cases may require more time for processing.
- Applicants may have to attend an Interview at “The High Commission of India” if required.
- High Commission of India reserves the right to refuse visa without assigning reasons and without refund of fee.