1. An Entry is granted to the following types of foreign nationals:
- To Spouse and children of an Indian national or foreigner of Indian Origin. It is granted to spouse of Indian nationals, particularly those who want to live in India with their Indian wife/husband. Permanent place of residence of Indian national in India is necessary. The following documents must be attached with application:
- Applicant (Sri Lankan National) must enclose a copy of Indian passport of his/her spouse wherein applicant’s name duly endorsed.
- Copy of attested marriage certificate from (Secretariat Branch/MEA) Original marriage certificate should be produced if required.
- To participate in events organised by Ministries under Government of India, Governmentof India Institutes, University/PSU etc. In such cases invitation letter from Indian government/Institutes/University/other organisation should be attached along with the application.
- To take part in Sportstournaments duly approved by Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs, Govt of India. Sports meets organized by Government recognized Sports Association/ Federation / bodies. In such cased Letter from Sports Ministry/ federation/Association should be attached with visa application.
- Foreigners for learning Yoga/Vedic culture in a recognised institutions in India.
- Family members of diplomatic households who do not qualify for diplomatic visas.
Check list Do and Don’ts for Indian Visa Click here
- Entry visa can be extended in India subject fulfilment of conditions.
- Applicants are advised to apply Entry visa of duration: 1 Month / 3 Months / 6 Months and 1 year only, depending upon requirement of work in India
2. Other document to be attached with ENTRY visa
- Duly completed Visa Application Form.
- Endorsement of profession in passport is must where there is a provision.
- Two (02) recent colour photographs (not older than three months) with white background 2 x 2 inch (Photo on the Passport and Form must match applicant’s present appearance).
- Previous passports (if previous passport is lost please provide the police compliant report).
- Photocopy of N.I.C/ Driving License/ Birth Certificate.
- Address Proof (NIC/Driving License / Bank Statement / Rent Agreement / Telephone Bill / G S Certificate).
- Bank statement of three months having healthy average daily balance.
- Relevant letter as mentioned above S. No. 1.
- Duration (of following four category: One month / 3 month/ 6 month/ 1 year) of visa is depending on a case to case basis. A maximum period of one year validity is granted which can be extended in India, subjected to fulfilment of conditions.
- This is not intended to be a complete list of documents that may be needed. High Commission reserves the right to seek additional documents post submission of application.
- The Passport should have a minimum validity of 6 months on the date of application with at least two blank pages.
- Tampered or damaged passports are not accepted.
- Some individual cases may require more time for processing.
- Applicants may have to attend an Interview at “The High Commission of India” / “Post” if required.
- High Commission of India reserves the right to refuse visa without assigning reasons and without refund of fee.