Acceptance of applications by IVS does not guarantee the issuance of Passports & Passport related services Embassy reserves the right to decline an application in case it deems appropriate to do so without giving any reasoning. The copies of all documents issued by authorities/institutions/organizations of Sri Lanka which needs to be submitted to the Embassy of India, Sri Lanka for availing consular services, should henceforth be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Sri Lanka With effect from 9 July 2012 with the approval of the competent authority there is no need of attestation of work permit for availing passport services.
To avoid delays when lodging the application you should include the following:
- Miscellaneous Services Form accurately filled and signed by the applicant where needed.
- 2 photographs (3.5cmX3.5cm in white background) pasted at the space provided.
- Original passport of the applicant.
- Personal particulars of the 1st page of the passport (2 sets).
- Personal particulars of the last page of the passport (1 set).
- Current Sri Lanka Visa page (1 set).
- Observation page if any (1 set).
Original Passport with photocopies as above in case this service is also required for spouse and dependent children Proof of new address (original telephone / electricity bill or any other document in the name of applicant) supported by photocopies.
Original Work permit / Tangdeo (Alien certificate) / Residence permit with photocopies of personal particulars and renewal page (If applicable). Authority letter if applicant cannot come personally.
Self-attestation is must for all the photocopied documents.
PHOTO SPECIFICATION FOR INDIAN PASSPORT
- The photograph must be in colour and shouldn’t be more than 3 months old from the time application is submitted.
- It should have a blue background. (Avoid making the back ground too dark or too light)
- It should have a close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70-80% of the photograph.
- It should be in sharp focus and clean.
- It should be of high quality with no ink marks and creases.
- The photograph must show you looking directly at the camera.
- It should be 3.5 cm X 3.5 cm.
- It should show your skin tone naturally.
- It should have appropriate brightness and contrast.
- The photograph should be a recent one not more than 6 months old.
- It is to be taken without headgear.
Photograph can be taken with headgear, after consideration on case to case basis if the applicant wears headgear on religious grounds. The main characteristics of the face must be apparent from the photograph. Chin, nose, eyes and eyebrows must not be covered, the forehead should be uncovered to the extent that the shape of the face is apparent.
- It should be without hat/cap.
- The photograph should not have any staple marks.
- Scanned & colour photocopies would NOT be accepted.