An Intern visa is appropriate for those who intend to pursue internship in an Indian company / Educational institute / Non-Governmental Organization (NGO).
- The foreign national must comply will all legal requirements like payment of tax etc.
- The documents pertaining to the proposed intern will be thoroughly checked to decide the category of visa that may be issued to the foreigner.
- The name of sponsoring employer/organization shall be clearly specified in visa sticker.
- The Indian organization/entity that sponsors an Intern Visa does not necessarily have to be the legal employer of the person.
- Intern must provide a letter from Indian Company/ Educational institution / NGO concerned sponsoring foreign national for internship programme and clearly indicate period of internship.
- An undertaking from concerned organization in India confirming that it will ensure the departure of foreigner on completion of Internship.
- Intern must provide a letter from the company in India taking responsibility for activities and conduct of applicant during his/her stay in India and repatriation, if ever necessary.
- In case of paid intern a remuneration documents have to be enclosed with the amount and confirming that the tax will be paid as per the guidelines implemented by Government of India.
- In case of paid intern, MINIMUM REMUNERATION IS 65,000/month or 7.8 LAKH per annum for interns wanting to pursue internship in companies. However, there is no minimum salary limit in case of internship in educational institute/NGO.
- Intern is required to provide their Current Graduation / Post-Graduation certificate.
- The gap between completion of graduation / post-graduation and commencement of internship should NOT be more than 1 year.
Check list Do and Don’ts for Indian Visa Click here
Besides above following Documents must be attached with visa application
For Sri Lankan Nationals
- Duly completed Visa Application Form.
- Two recent (not more than 3 months old) 2×2 inch colour photograph (without spectacles) depicting full face with both ear visible in white background. Photo on Passport and VAF must match applicant’s present appearance.
- Previous visit details at Serial Number F of sample Visa application Form :
- Applicant to fill the correct visa details of last visit to India.
- Applicant mention the last availed (actual Traveled) visa number starting with alphabet along with date of issue. (eg: VLI123456 dated 25 June 2017).
- In case the last visa was an eTV (electronic Visa / e-visa). The visa number and date (date of first entry on e-visa) as stamped / registered on applicant’s passport by Bureau of Immigration,India at time entry into India.
- Previous passports ( police report If previous passport is lost ).
- Photocopy of NIC/Driving License or Birth Certificate (For Sri Lankans only).
- Address Proof (NIC/Driving License / Bank Statement / Rent Agreement / Telephone Bill / G S Certificate).
- Applicants with dual nationality must produce both the passports (along with photocopies) at the time of application.
- Financial Statements – 3 months Bank Statements OR Sponsor letter whenever applicable (Copy of Sponsor Passport / Driving License).
- This is not intended to be a complete list of documents that may be needed. High Commission reserves the right to seek additional documents post submission of application.
- Duration of visa will be decided on a case-to-case basis.
- The Passport should have a minimum validity of 6 months on the date of application with at least two blank pages.
- Some individual cases may require more time for processing.
- Applicants may have to attend an Interview at “The High Commission of India” if required.
- High Commission of India reserves the right to refuse visa without assigning reasons and without refund of fee.